Monday 12 June 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurent Spanghero and Francis X McCloskey.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1939 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Laurent Spanghero: French entrepreneur, the oldest of the eight Spanghero Brothers (Italian descent).
- Jackie Stewart: Athlete.
- Francis X McCloskey: (Rep-D-Indiana, 1983- ).
- GAI Schuijt: Dutch jurist (information law).
- Frank McCloskey: American sergeant and politician (d. 2003).
- 43rd US Golf Open: Byron Nelson shoots a 284 at Philadelphia Country Club
- Baseball Hall of Fame opens in Cooperstown, New York.
- Shooting begins on Paramount Pictures' Dr. Cyclops, the first horror film photographed in three-strip Technicolor.