Friday December 19, 1941
US date format: 12/19/1941, UK date format: 19/12/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Maurice White and Simona Marchini.
Ball of Fire, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 19, 1941?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- German submarine U-574 sinks
- US Office of Censorship is created to control information pertaining to war.
- World War II: Limpet mines placed by Italian divers sink the HMS Valiant (1914) and HMS Queen Elizabeth (1913) in Alexandria harbour.
- L M Dovator: Russian general, dies in battle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 19, 1941?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra - This Is No Laughing Matter
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial