Sunday 19 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Gregg and Josef Palenicek.
The Murders in the Rue Morgue, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1914 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Hubert Gregg: British broadcaster (Born 1914).
- Josef Palenicek: Composer.
- Bertrand Motte: Villeneuve d'Ascq EXecutives.
- Marius Russo: American baseball player (Born 1914).
- Alexander Conze: German archaeologist, dies at 82.
- Boston Braves begin drive from last to 1st place in NL