Sunday 19 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Gregg and Josef Palenicek.
The Land of the Lost, directed by Arthur Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1914 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Hubert Gregg: British broadcaster (Born 1914).
- Josef Palenicek: Composer.
- Bertrand Motte: Villeneuve d'Ascq EXecutives.
- Marius Russo: American baseball player (Born 1914).
- Alexander Conze: German archaeologist, dies at 82.
- Boston Braves begin drive from last to 1st place in NL
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?