Sunday 20 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur U Spronken and Sally Ann Howes.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1930 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Arthur U Spronken: Sculptor.
- Sally Ann Howes: London, England -- Actress (Dead of Night).
- Yuri Petrovich Artyukin: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 14).
- Jean Cardot: French sculptor, elected a member of the Académie des Beaux-Arts on 9 November 1983 and president in 1992 and 1997.
- Chuck Daly: American basketball Head Coach for the Detroit Pistons who won two consecutive championships under his direction (1989 and 1990).
- Giannis Agouris: Greek journalist and author (d. 2006)
- William Goetzmann: American historian and author (d. 2010)
- Sally Howes: English-American singer and actress
- 106 degrees F (41 degrees C), Washington, DC (district record high).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?