Sunday 20 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Daly and Pierre Joatton.
The Silent Enemy, directed by H.P. Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1930 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Chuck Daly: American basketball Head Coach for the Detroit Pistons who won two consecutive championships under his direction (1989 and 1990).
- Pierre Joatton
- Yuri Petrovich Artyukin: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 14).
- Jean Cardot: French sculptor, elected a member of the Académie des Beaux-Arts on 9 November 1983 and president in 1992 and 1997.
- Arthur U Spronken: Sculptor.
- William Goetzmann: American historian and author (d. 2010).
- Sally Howes: English-American singer and actress.
- Giannis Agouris: Greek journalist and author (d. 2006).
- Sally Ann Howes: London, England -- Actress (Dead of Night).
- 106 degrees F (41 degrees C), Washington, DC (district record high).