Friday 20 January 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Murle Breer and Nalin Chandra Wickramasinghe.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1939 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Murle Breer: LPGA golfer.
- Nalin Chandra Wickramasinghe: Indian astronomer.
- Paul Coverdell: American captain and politician (d. 2000).
- Chandra Wickramasinghe: Sri Lankan-English mathematician astronomer and biologist.
- Hitler proclaims to German parliament to exterminate all European Jews
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?