Saturday 21 January 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Genevay and Mary Ellen McAnally.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1939 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Paul Genevay: French pro field and track star who ran the 4 X 100 meter relay with Bernard Laidebeur, Claude Piquemal and Jocelyn Delecour at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Mary Ellen McAnally: Illinois, United States -- Poet (Dance of the Zygotes).
- Wolfman Jack [Bob Smith] in Brooklyn: New York, USA; DJ (Midnight Special).
- Lynn Schusterman
- Steve Paxton: American experimental dancer and choreographer.
- Tom Stith: American athlete, a pro basketball player.
- Reuben Mark: American executive and CEO in charge of Colgate-Palmolive, a manufacturer of personal care and home-use products.
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Joan Tozzer.