Saturday 21 January 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Ellen McAnally and Wolfman Jack [Bob Smith] in Brooklyn.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1939 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Mary Ellen McAnally: Illinois, United States -- Poet (Dance of the Zygotes).
- Wolfman Jack [Bob Smith] in Brooklyn: New York, USA; DJ (Midnight Special).
- Paul Genevay: French pro field and track star who ran the 4 X 100 meter relay with Bernard Laidebeur, Claude Piquemal and Jocelyn Delecour at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Reuben Mark: American executive and CEO in charge of Colgate-Palmolive, a manufacturer of personal care and home-use products.
- Steve Paxton: American experimental dancer and choreographer.
- Tom Stith: American athlete, a pro basketball player. He was All-American at his college and brought positive attention to his alma mater, St. Bonaventure University. His performance made him number three in the country among college basketball players in his senior year and he was drafted in March 1961 by the New York Knicks. However, his physical exam revealed that he had tuberculosis and he was sent to a sanitorium to recover. He played for one season with the Knicks after his recovery, 1962-63. He then
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Joan Tozzer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?