Wednesday 4 January 1939US date format: 1/4/1939, UK date format: 4/1/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 4, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Appleton and Oliver Clark in Buffalo.
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1939 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Jon Appleton: Composer.
- Oliver Clark in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (Bob Newhart Show, Two of Us).
- Harold Budd: American champion rower in the coxswain event.
- Joseph Bonnel
- Frieda Wunderlich elected 1st woman Dean of a US graduate school
- Hermann Goering appoints Reinhard Heydrich head of Jewish Emigration.