Wednesday 4 January 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Appleton and Oliver Clark in Buffalo.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 4 January 1939 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Jon Appleton: Composer.
- Oliver Clark in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (Bob Newhart Show, Two of Us).
- Harold Budd: American champion rower in the coxswain event.
- Joseph Bonnel
- Frieda Wunderlich elected 1st woman Dean of a US graduate school
- Hermann Goering appoints Reinhard Heydrich head of Jewish Emigration.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?