Friday 27 January 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brugh Joy and Michel Meylan.
Honolulu, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vine Street.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1939 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Brugh Joy: American author and teacher on Awareness Techniques.
- Michel Meylan
- N R: Bomford; head master (Harrow School).
- Mike Hill in Jackson: Michigan, USA; PGA golfer (1977 Ohio Kings Island Open).
- Rawlings: Baroness.
- Mike Hill: Jackson, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1977 Ohio Kings Island Open).
- Julius Lester: American writer of books for children and adults and an academic who taught for 32 years (1971–2003) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Tigran Yegiayi Mansuryan: Composer.
- First flight of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning.
- Adolf Hitler orders Plan Z, a 5-year naval expansion programme intended to provide for a huge German fleet capable of crushing the Royal Navy by 1944. The ''Kriegsmarine'' is given the first priority on the allotment of German economic resources.