Saturday 28 January 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John M Fabian in Goosecreek and Ralph Kwiatkowski [Kent] in Buffalo.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- John M Fabian in Goosecreek: Texas, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS 7, STS 51G).
- Ralph Kwiatkowski [Kent] in Buffalo: New York, USA; Walt Disney Company artist, 1963-2004.
- John M Fabian: NASA astronaut.
- Cornelia Wallace: American political wife who was a beauty queen at the age of 17, winning the title of Miss Alabama.
- John Fabian: American colonel pilot and astronaut.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 January 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?