Friday 20 October 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Prévost and Jean-Claude Pirotte.
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1939 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Daniel Prévost: French actor and humorist, best known for his part in the French television series "Le Petit Rapporteur.
- Jean-Claude Pirotte
- Jay Siegel: Brooklyn, New York -- Rock bassist (Tokens-Lion Sleeps Tonight).
- Raymond Jones: Rocker.
- Patrick Hughes: English painter illustrator and photographer.
- All the Things You Are recorded by Tommy Dorsey Orchestra
- Pope Pius XII publishes his 1st encyclical Summi pontificatus