Monday 23 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Archie Fisher and Stanley Anderson.
Drums Along the Mohawk, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1939 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Archie Fisher: Scottish composer, folk singer and acoustic guitar player, making a debut album in 1956.
- Stanley Anderson: American actor.
- Charlie Foxx: US songwriter / soul singer (Mockingbird).
- Ellie Greenwich: Rocker.
- C Vigneswaran: Sri Lankan lawyer judge and politician 1st Chief Minister of the Northern Province.
- Zane Grey: US western writer (Spirit of the Border), dies at 67.