Monday 23 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Archie Fisher and Stanley Anderson.
Port of Shadows, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 1939 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Archie Fisher: Scottish composer, folk singer and acoustic guitar player, making a debut album in 1956.
- Stanley Anderson: American actor.
- Charlie Foxx: US songwriter / soul singer (Mockingbird).
- Ellie Greenwich: Rocker.
- C Vigneswaran: Sri Lankan lawyer judge and politician 1st Chief Minister of the Northern Province.
- Zane Grey: US western writer (Spirit of the Border), dies at 67.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?