Monday 23 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Foxx and Ellie Greenwich.
Port of Shadows, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1939 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Charlie Foxx: US songwriter / soul singer (Mockingbird).
- Ellie Greenwich: Rocker.
- Archie Fisher: Scottish composer, folk singer and acoustic guitar player, making a debut album in 1956.
- Stanley Anderson: American actor.
- C Vigneswaran: Sri Lankan lawyer judge and politician 1st Chief Minister of the Northern Province.
- Zane Grey: US western writer (Spirit of the Border), dies at 67.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?