Wednesday 11 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Bueno and Franklin A Sonn.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1939 ?
- Maria Bueno: Sao Paulo, Brazil -- Tennis player (Wimbledon 1959).
- Joe Pitts: Politician.
- Franklin A Sonn: Union leader (South African workers).
- Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski: Dancer.
- Norma Blum: Brazilian actress.
- Austin Currie: Irish lawyer and politician.
- Albert Einstein informs FDR of possibilities of atomic bomb
- Bucky Harris signs to manage Washington again
- NAACP organized Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Manhattan Project: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is presented a letter signed by Albert Einstein, urging the United States to rapidly develop the atomic bomb.