Wednesday 11 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Bueno and Franklin A Sonn.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 October 1939 ?
- Maria Bueno: Sao Paulo, Brazil -- Tennis player (Wimbledon 1959).
- Franklin A Sonn: Union leader (South African workers).
- Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski: Dancer.
- Norma Blum: Brazilian actress.
- Austin Currie: Irish lawyer and politician.
- Albert Einstein informs FDR of possibilities of atomic bomb
- Bucky Harris signs to manage Washington again
- NAACP organized Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Manhattan Project: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is presented a letter signed by Albert Einstein, urging the United States to rapidly develop the atomic bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?