Wednesday 11 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franklin A Sonn and Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1939 ?
- Franklin A Sonn: Union leader (South African workers).
- Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski: Dancer.
- Norma Blum: Brazilian actress.
- Maria Bueno: Sao Paulo, Brazil -- Tennis player (Wimbledon 1959).
- Austin Currie: Irish lawyer and politician.
- Albert Einstein informs FDR of possibilities of atomic bomb
- Bucky Harris signs to manage Washington again
- NAACP organized Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Manhattan Project: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is presented a letter signed by Albert Einstein, urging the United States to rapidly develop the atomic bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 October 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?