Saturday 7 October 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Cooper and Harold Kroto.
Jamaica Inn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1939 ?
- Colin Cooper: Rocker (Climax Blues Band).
- Harold Kroto: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Clive James: Australian-British author, critic, broadcaster, poet, translator and memoirist, best known for his autobiographical series Unreliable Memoirs, for his chat shows and documentaries on British television and for his prolific journalism.
- Phil Ortega: American Major League Baseball pitcher who played professionally for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Washington Senators and the California Angels.
- John Hopcroft: American computer scientist and author.
- Harry Kroto: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Laurent Pasinya: Congolese cardinal
- Bill Snyder: American football player and coach
- HALL airship Binnendijk runs up German my
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?