Saturday 7 October 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clive James and Colin Cooper.
Sabotage, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1939 ?
- Clive James: Australian-British author, critic, broadcaster, poet, translator and memoirist, best known for his autobiographical series Unreliable Memoirs, for his chat shows and documentaries on British television and for his prolific journalism.
- Colin Cooper: Rocker (Climax Blues Band).
- Harold Kroto: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Phil Ortega: American Major League Baseball pitcher who played professionally for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Washington Senators and the California Angels.
- Melvyn Bragg: Journalist.
- Harry Kroto: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Laurent Pasinya: Congolese cardinal.
- Bill Snyder: American football player and coach.
- John Hopcroft: American computer scientist and author.
- HALL airship Binnendijk runs up German my