Sunday 22 December 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Noël Copin and Jan Wiegel.
Skyscraper Symphony, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1929 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra