Sunday 22 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles A Lindbergh Jr and Gilles Jacob.
The Shame of Mary Boyle, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1930 ?
- Charles A Lindbergh Jr
- Gilles Jacob: French essayist and film director, he assumed the President position of "the Cannes film Festival".
- Fred Benners: American football player, who played the 1952 NFL season for the New York Giants.
- Walter Bonatti: Italian mountain climber, explorer and journalist.
- Charles Lindbergh: American noted family, the first son of noted aviator Charles and pilot-writer Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Pierre Restany: French art critic and cultural philosopher.
- Rene Dereuddre: France sport Champion.
- Yury Artyukhin: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 1998).
- Yuri Artyukhin: Russian cosmonaut (d. 1998).
- Karl von Amira: German historian, dies at 82.
- Lou Gehrig hits three home runs in a game, Babe Ruth hits three in doubleheader.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?