Sunday 22 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles A Lindbergh Jr and Gilles Jacob.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1930 ?
- Charles A Lindbergh Jr
- Gilles Jacob: French essayist and film director, he assumed the President position of "the Cannes film Festival".
- Walter Bonatti: Italian mountain climber, explorer and journalist.
- Charles Lindbergh: American noted family, the first son of noted aviator Charles and pilot-writer Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Yuri Artyukhin: Russian cosmonaut (d. 1998).
- Rene Dereuddre: France sport Champion.
- Yury Artyukhin: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 1998).
- Pierre Restany: French art critic and cultural philosopher.
- Fred Benners: American football player, who played the 1952 NFL season for the New York Giants.
- Karl von Amira: German historian, dies at 82.
- Lou Gehrig hits three home runs in a game, Babe Ruth hits three in doubleheader.