Sunday 22 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles A Lindbergh Jr and Gilles Jacob.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1930 ?
- Charles A Lindbergh Jr
- Gilles Jacob: French essayist and film director, he assumed the President position of "the Cannes film Festival".
- Walter Bonatti: Italian mountain climber, explorer and journalist.
- Charles Lindbergh: American noted family, the first son of noted aviator Charles and pilot-writer Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Yuri Artyukhin: Russian cosmonaut (d. 1998).
- Rene Dereuddre: France sport Champion.
- Yury Artyukhin: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 1998).
- Pierre Restany: French art critic and cultural philosopher.
- Fred Benners: American football player, who played the 1952 NFL season for the New York Giants.
- Karl von Amira: German historian, dies at 82.
- Lou Gehrig hits three home runs in a game, Babe Ruth hits three in doubleheader.