Monday 30 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Miquel and June Valli in Bronx.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1930 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Pierre Miquel: French historian and novelist.
- June Valli in Bronx: New York, USA; singer (Your Hit Parade).
- Mac Benson: Horse trainer.
- Nikolai Karetnikov: Composer.
- Doyle Holly: Comedian / country performer (Buckaroos).
- Ahmed Yamani: Saudi Arabian politician who was Minister of Oil (Petroleum) and Mineral Resources from 1962 to 1986, and a minister in OPEC for 25 years.
- Thomas Sowell: American economist philosopher and author.
- Joyce Wieland: Canadian experimental filmmaker and mixed media artist.
- 1st round-the-world radio broadcast Schenectady, New York
- First round-the-world radio broadcast, Schenectady, New York.