Monday 30 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doyle Holly and June Valli in Bronx.
The Unholy Three, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1930 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Doyle Holly: Comedian / country performer (Buckaroos).
- June Valli in Bronx: New York, USA; singer (Your Hit Parade).
- Mac Benson: Horse trainer.
- Nikolai Karetnikov: Composer.
- Pierre Miquel: French historian and novelist.
- Joyce Wieland: Canadian experimental filmmaker and mixed media artist. She was made a member of the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts. She was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1982.
- Ahmed Yamani: Saudi Arabian politician who was Minister of Oil (Petroleum) and Mineral Resources from 1962 to 1986, and a minister in OPEC for 25 years. He is best known for his role during the 1973 oil embargo, when he spurred OPEC to quadruple the price of crude oil. During that time, Yamani gained a colourful international reputation, known in the West for both his diplomatic skills and characteristic goatee.
- Thomas Sowell: American economist philosopher and author
- 1st round-the-world radio broadcast Schenectady, New York
- First round-the-world radio broadcast, Schenectady, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?