Saturday 28 June 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Romeyer and Itamar Franco.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1930 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Pierre Romeyer: Belgian chef, renowned in his field.
- Itamar Franco: Brazilian engineer and politician 33rd President of Brazil (d. 2011).
- Nikolay Nikolayevich Karetnikov: Composer.
- William Campbell: Irish-American biologist and parasitologist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jack Gold: English director and producer (d. 2015).
- 1st night game in Detroit at newly built Hamtramck Stadium as Negro League Detroit Stars take on Kansas City Monarchs