Thursday 12 June 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Nabors and Barbara Harris.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1930 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Jim Nabors: TV Actor.
- Barbara Harris: 1st US Episcopal female Bishop.
- Hans Koetsier: Dutch sculptor (KLM-Schiphol).
- Jim Nabors in Sylacauga: Alabama, USA; actor/singer (Gomer Pyle).
- Charles B. Rangel: Politician.
- Donald Byrne: American chess player (d. 1976).
- Innes Ireland: Scottish race car driver and engineer (d. 1993).
- Mario Monti: Italy sport Champion.
- 34th US Golf Open: Bobby Jones shoots a 287 at Interlachen Country Club - Minnesota
- Heavyweight Max Schmeling KOs Jack Sharkey in New York City
- Max Schmeling beats Jack Sharkey on a foul in 4 for hw boxing title