Sunday June 23, 1940
US date format: 6/23/1940, UK date format: 23/6/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on June 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Sutcliffe and Wilma Rudolph.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movie released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1940?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- Marcel Louette seeks opposition group White Brigade on Antwerp
- RAF bombs Schiphol
- World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler surveys newly defeated Paris in now occupied France.
- United States politics: The Republican Party begins its national convention in Philadelphia and nominates Wendell Willkie as its candidate for president.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1940?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 the US President was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 23, 1940?
On June 23, 1940 several famous people were born including, Stuart Sutcliffe, Wilma Rudolph, Adam Faith.