Sunday 23 June 1940US date format: 6/23/1940, UK date format: 23/6/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Sutcliffe and Wilma Rudolph.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1940 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Stuart Sutcliffe: original Beatles bassist, dies of brain...
- Wilma Rudolph: American runner and winner of all the...
- Adam Faith: England, United Kingdom -- Singer (Poor...
- Lord Irvine of Lairg: Scottish Lord Chancellor of Great...
- Alexander Irvine: British politician; Lord Irvine of...
- Jerry Speyer: Businessman.
- Derry Irvine: Baron Irvine of Lairg Scottish lawyer...
- Mike Shrimpton: New Zealand cricketer and coach (d....
- Stu Sutcliffe: British artist and musician, a painter...
- Diana Trask: Australia -- Singer (Sing Along With...
- Simon Hobday: Mareking, South Africa -- PGA golfer...
- Marcel Louette seeks opposition group White Brigade on Antwerp
- RAF bombs Schiphol
- World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler surveys newly defeated Paris in now occupied France.
- United States politics: The Republican Party begins its national convention in Philadelphia and nominates Wendell Willkie as its candidate for president.
- WWII: Vichy France signs armistice terms with Italy.