Thursday 25 December 1941, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Pullen and Lex Hixon.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1941 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Don Pullen: Pianist / composer.
- Lex Hixon: Religious teacher / author.
- Ronald Perera: Composer.
- Kenneth Calman: Scottish Chief Medical officer in Scotland 1989-1991 and in England 1991 to August 1998, a knighted professor.
- Guido Rebrouck: Belgium sport Champion.
- Japan announces surrender of British-Canadian garrison at Hong Kong
- Japanese aircraft carriers Akagi / Kagu back in Kure, Japan
- World War II: Battle of Hong Kong ends, beginning the Japanese Occupation of Hong Kong.
- Admiral Chester W Nimitz arrives at Pearl Harbor to assume command of the U.S. Pacific Fleet
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?