Thursday 25 January 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucius E Burch Jr .
Homer's Odyssey, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1912 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Lucius E Burch Jr: US lawyer / civil rights leader.
- Dmitry Milyutin: Russian field marshal (Born 1816).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Mysterious Rag - Arthur Collins & Albert Campbell
- That Mysterious Rag - American Quartet
- After the Honeymoon - Walter Van Brunt
- The Wedding Glide - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?