Saturday 26 January 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Jose Farmer and Berten Sercu.
Go West, Young Man, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1918 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Philip Jose Farmer: American writer (d. 2009).
- Berten Sercu: Belgium sport Champion.
- Nicolae Ceaușescu: Romanian general and politician 1st President of Romania (d. 1989).
- Philip Farmer: American author (d. 2009).
- President Hoover calls for wheatless and meatless days for war effort
- Finnish Civil War: A group of Red Guards hangs a red lantern atop the tower of Helsinki Workers' Hall to symbolically mark the start of the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?