Tuesday 21 September 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Noor Jehan and Don Dunstan.
The Texas Streak, directed by Lynn Reynolds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1926 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Noor Jehan: Pakistani actress and singer (d. 2000).
- Don Dunstan: Fijian-Australian lawyer and politician 35th Premier of South Australia (d. 1999).
- Donald A Glaser: Physicist (Nobel-1960).
- Prosper Weil
- Reies Tijerina: American pastor and activist (d. 2015).
- Fereydoon Moshiri: Iranian poet and critic (d. 2000).
- Pierre Pascalin: France sport Champion.
- Donald Glaser: American scientist, a physicist and genetic engineer, winner of the Nobel Prize for Science 1960.
- Leon Charles Thevenin: French telegraph engineer (Born 1857).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Lost Your Head Blues - Bessie Smith