Wednesday 27 October 1920US date format: 10/27/1920, UK date format: 27/10/1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nanette Fabray and Kocheril Raman Narayanan.
Erotikon, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1920 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Nanette Fabray: American actress, comedienne and singer.
- Kocheril Raman Narayanan
- K R Narayanan: 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- Edward Peeters: Belgium sport Champion.
- Warren Shapleigh: St Louis EXecutives.
- K Narayanan: Indian lawyer and politician 10th President of India (d. 2005).
- League of Nations moves headquarters in Geneva.
- Westinghouse radio station in East Pittsburgh, KDKA begins.
- United States presidential election, 1920: Republican Warren G. Harding defeats Democrat James M. Cox and Socialist Eugene V. Debs, in the first national U.S. election in which women have the right to vote.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I'm in Heaven When I'm in My Mother's Arms - William Robyn
- A Young Man's Fancy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra