Saturday 18 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gino Bartali and Oscar Heisserer.
The Property Man, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1914 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Gino Bartali: Italian cyclist, nicknamed "Gino the Pious" because of his strong religious faith.
- Oscar Heisserer: Italy sport Champion.
- Jan Gerhard Toonder
- Mack Robinson: United States -- 200m dash (1932 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Herbert Collum: Composer.
- Jan Toonder: Dutch astrologer, writer and poet.
- Joseph Cals: Dutch politician.
- John G Bearer: Writer (Metro, Drunken Canary, Fast Heartbeat).
- Jozef MLT Cals: Dutch Premier (KVP, Mammoth Law).
- US army air service first comes into being, in the Signal Corps.
- The U.S. Congress forms the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps, giving definite status to aircraft within the U.S. Army for the first time.