Saturday 18 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Collum and John G Bearer.
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1914 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Herbert Collum: Composer.
- John G Bearer: Writer (Metro, Drunken Canary, Fast Heartbeat).
- Jozef MLT Cals: Dutch Premier (KVP, Mammoth Law).
- Mack Robinson: United States -- 200m dash (1932 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Gino Bartali: Italian cyclist, nicknamed "Gino the Pious" because of his strong religious faith.
- Joseph Cals: Dutch politician. He served as Prime Minister of the Netherlands from April 14, 1965 until November 22, 1966. He died on 30 December 1971.
- Jan Toonder: Dutch astrologer, writer and poet.
- Oscar Heisserer: Italy sport Champion
- US army air service first comes into being, in the Signal Corps.
- The U.S. Congress forms the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps, giving definite status to aircraft within the U.S. Army for the first time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 July 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?