Saturday 18 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gino Bartali and Oscar Heisserer.
The Land of the Lost, directed by Arthur Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1914 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Gino Bartali: Italian cyclist, nicknamed "Gino the Pious" because of his strong religious faith.
- Oscar Heisserer: Italy sport Champion.
- Jan Gerhard Toonder
- Jozef MLT Cals: Dutch Premier (KVP, Mammoth Law).
- Mack Robinson: United States -- 200m dash (1932 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Joseph Cals: Dutch politician.
- Jan Toonder: Dutch astrologer, writer and poet.
- Herbert Collum: Composer.
- John G Bearer: Writer (Metro, Drunken Canary, Fast Heartbeat).
- US army air service first comes into being, in the Signal Corps.
- The U.S. Congress forms the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps, giving definite status to aircraft within the U.S. Army for the first time.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?