Friday 28 July 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sander Littel and Richard Johns.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1939 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Sander Littel: Dutch artist, a painter who had his first exhibition in 1958.
- Richard Johns: English air marshal.
- William J Mayo: US surgeon / co-founder Mayo Clinic, dies at 78.
- 5th Dutch government of Colijn falls