Tuesday 28 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Woody Strode and Raoul Vaudable.
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1914 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Woody Strode
- Raoul Vaudable: B?ziers Military man.
- Carmen Dragon: American conductor, composer and arranger (Born 1914).
- Foxtrot 1st danced at New Amsterdam Roof Garden (NYC, by Harry Fox)
- Minister of Navy W Churchill routes British fleet to Scapa Flow
- World War I begins: Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia after it failed to meet the conditions of an ultimatum it set on July 23 following the killing of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by a Serbian assassin. This event leads to the outbreak of war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?