Saturday 28 June 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 28, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael M. Honda and Mike Honda.
The Bride Came C.O.D., directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1941 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Mike Honda: Politician.
- Michael M. Honda: Politician.
- Krzysztof Kieslowski: Director.
- James P. Hogan: Author.
- Ann Leslie: English journalist.
- Al Downing: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Joseph Goguen: American computer scientist and academic developed the OBJ language (d. 2006).
- David Johnston: Canadian academic lawyer and politician 28th Governor-General of Canada.
- German and Romanian soldiers kill 11,000 Jews in Kishinev
- German troops occupy Galicia Poland
- WWII: Albania declares war on the Soviet Union.
- July ndash The British Army's Special Air Service is formed.