Saturday 2 June 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Thirteen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The 6th Target by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2007 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- Four people are charged with a terror plot to blow up JFK International Airport in New York.
- The U.S. Navy dock landing ship USS ''Carter Hill'' confronts pirates off the coast of Somalia after they had hijacked a Danish merchant vessel, the MV ''Danica White''. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Israeli troops kill a Palestinian shopkeeper and seriously injure another in the West Bank town of Nablus. (BBC)
- Three suspects are arrested in relation to a terrorism plot involving John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, with a fourth suspect being sought. (CNN)
- Scotland Yard detectives who went to Jamaica to probe Bob Woolmer's death come to the verdict of the murder investigation, saying that Bob Woolmer died of heart failure and was not murdered. (BBC)
- Thousands of protesters and antiglobalisation demonstrators gather in Rostock, Germany to protest the 33rd G8 summit to be held in Heiligendamm later in the week. (Chicago Tribune)
- Sporadic violence breaks out, with police attacked by rocks and bottles and some cars burned some 100 police officers are injured. (Sky News)
- The President of Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika accepts the resignation of his Cabinet after recent elections. The Prime Minister of Algeria Abdelaziz Belkhadem is expected to retain his position when a new Cabinet is chosen. (BBC)
- The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation names Alexis Flores as the 487th person placed on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. He is wanted for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a five-year-old girl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (UPI)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?