Friday 15 June 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Ratatouille, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 June 2007 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 June
- In the USA, Bob Barker makes his last appearance on TV show The Price is Right.
- Thousands of Chinese policemen rescue 450 slave workers while arresting 120 suspects. (VOA)
- Mike Nifong, facing disbarment for his actions in the 2006 Duke University lacrosse case, agrees to resign his position as district attorney for Durham County in the U.S. state of North Carolina. (AP via ESPN.com)
- Switzerland opens the world's longest rail tunnel on land, the 34-kilometre Lötschberg tunnel under the Alps. (BBC)
- In the UK, seven members of Dhiren Barot's al Qaeda cell are sentenced to a total of 136 years in prison. (Sky)
- Indonesia claims that it has captured Jemaah Islamiyah leader Zarkarsih. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- A roadside bomb kills at least seven soldiers in Yala Province, Thailand. (BBC)
- United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates meets with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamal Al-Maliki and U.S. military leaders in Iraq to discuss the effectiveness of the current military campaign. (Reuters)
- Two oil and transport unions begin a strike in Nigeria over an increase in fuel duty and a doubling of sales tax. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?