Tuesday 26 June 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 26 June 2007 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 June
- Liz Claiborne: Belgian-American fashion designer founded Liz Claiborne Inc.
- Bolivia reclaims two oil refineries from Brazilian state-owned energy company Petrobras. (BBC)
- The militant group Army of Islam, holding BBC Middle East correspondent Alan Johnston captive, renews its threat to kill him. (CNN)
- The Central Intelligence Agency releases the ampquotfamily jewels,ampquot secret documents detailing illegal activitiesmdashincluding a plot to hire members of the Mafia to assassinate Fidel Castromdashand domestic spying. (Reuters)
- On the eve of Gordon Brown's assuming office as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Conservative Member of Parliament Quentin Davies defects to the Labour Party. (Financial Times)
- An International Atomic Energy Agency team heads to North Korea to see if Pyongyang's nuclear reactor has been shut down. (Reuters)
- Tony Blair and Arnold Schwarzenegger hold talks at 10 Downing Street on Blair's last day as Prime Minister the environment and climate change are the primary issue. (Guardian UK)
- In the United Kingdom, hundreds of people are evacuated from villages in South Yorkshire, and a section of the M1 motorway is closed amid fears of an imminent collapse of the dam at the Ulley reservoir following heavy rainfall and widespread flooding across the UK. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?