Monday 3 September 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fabienne Boulin-Burgeat and Julian Leek.
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frances Langford-Don Ameche Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1951 ?
- Fabienne Boulin-Burgeat: French newsmaker, the daughter of Robert Boulin, Minister of Labour in the French government, whose body was found on 30 October 1979 in a pond in the forest of Rambouillet.
- Julian Leek: British-American noted family, one of two sons of noted witch, Sybil Leek.
- Denys Hobson: South African cricketer.
- Jazzbo: Jamaican DJ and producer (d. 2013).
- Robert Franz Richard Hernried: Composer, dies at 67.
- TV soap opera Search for Tomorrow debuts on CBS
- The first long-running American television soap opera, Search for Tomorrow, airs its first episode on the CBS network.
- Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan to formally end the Pacific War.
- Japan-U.S. Security Treaty, which allows United States Armed Forces being stationed in Japan after the occupation of Japan, is signed by Japan and the United States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?