Monday 3 September 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1951 ?
- Fabienne Boulin-Burgeat: French newsmaker, the daughter of Robert Boulin, Minister of Labour in the French government, whose body was found on 30 October 1979 in a pond in the forest of Rambouillet.
- Denys Hobson: South African cricketer.
- Jazzbo: Jamaican DJ and producer (d. 2013).
- Julian Leek: British-American noted family, one of two sons of noted witch, Sybil Leek.
- Robert Franz Richard Hernried: Composer, dies at 67.
- TV soap opera Search for Tomorrow debuts on CBS
- The first long-running American television soap opera, Search for Tomorrow, airs its first episode on the CBS network.
- Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan to formally end the Pacific War.
- Japan-U.S. Security Treaty, which allows United States Armed Forces being stationed in Japan after the occupation of Japan, is signed by Japan and the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?