Friday 7 September 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N., directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1951 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Mammootty : Movie Actor.
- Julie Kavner in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Brenda - Rhoda, Tracy Ullman Show).
- Chrissie Hynde: American singer and bandleader of the rock band, "The Pretenders.
- Bert Jones: American football player, the NFL's MVP in 1976.
- Mark R McCumber: Jacksonville, Florida -- PGA golfer (1979 Doral-Eastern).
- William Katt: United States -- Actor (Butch & Sundance Kid, Carrie)
- Laurent Ulrich: French Catholic clergyman, the archbishop of Lille since 2008.
- Morris Albert: Brazilian singer-songwriter and producer
- Gerald Corbett: English businessman
- Mark Isham: American trumpet player and composer
- Maria Montez: Dominican actress who was an exotic Hollywood leading lady seen mainly in hokum adventures.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?