Tuesday 11 September 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1951 ?
- Richard D Gill: British-Dutch mathematician.
- Miroslav Dvorak: Czechoslovak ice hockey player (d. 2008).
- Patty Wagstaff: American stunt pilot in air shows, a participant in shows and competitions throughout North America and around the world, including South America, Europe, and Russia.
- Miroslav Dvořák: Czech ice hockey player (d. 2008).
- Richard Gill: English-Dutch mathematician and academic.
- Hugo Porta: Argentinian rugby player
- Florence Chadwick becomes 1st woman to swim English Channel from England to France. It takes 16 hours and 19 minutes
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?