Sunday 1 December 1929US date format: 12/1/1929, UK date format: 1/12/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cournut and Alfred Moisiu.
Navy Blues, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1929 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Jean Cournut: French psychiatrist, a full member and one-time president of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society.
- Alfred Moisiu
- David Doyle: American actor (Born 1929).
- Dick Shawn in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (The Producers, Maid to Order, Angel).
- Emily McLaughlin in White Plains: New York, USA; actress (Jessie - General Hospital).
- Joan Ganz Cooney: Producer.
- Billy Waugh: Retired American Special Forces Sergeant Major and Central Intelligence Agency Paramilitary Operations Officer who served more than 50 years between the U.S.
- Leon Biriotti: Composer.
- G. Gordon Liddy: Entertainer.
- Alan Mouncer: Film director / producer.
- BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe
- Game of BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe.