Friday 1 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Monkhouse and Georgi Timofeyevich Dobrovolsky.
The Hands of Orlac, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1928 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Bob Monkhouse: British comedian who, as a master of the one-line quip, was formerly on Bob Hope's team of script writers.
- Georgi Timofeyevich Dobrovolsky: Odessa -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 11).
- Georgi Dobrovolski: Soviet cosmonaut (d. 1971).
- Georgy Dobrovolsky: Ukrainian pilot and astronaut (d. 1971).
- Steve Dodd: Australian actor and composer (d. 2014).
- Larry Zeidel: Canadian-American ice hockey player and sportscaster (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?