Wednesday 9 November 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Saks and Jerome Hines.
Love Never Dies, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1921 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Jerome Hines: Musician.
- Gene Saks: Director.
- Ivo Rudolph Jarosy: Film Scholar / exhibitor.
- Silvio O Conte: (Rep-R-Massachusetts, 1959- ).
- Thomas Paine: American engineer, u.s.
- Pierrette Alarie: Canadian soprano and actress (d. 2011).
- Viktor Chukarin: USSR -- Gymnist (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Partito Nazionalista Fascista, forms in Italy by Mussolini
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lazy Mississippi Flows - Olive Kline & Elsie Baker
- Say it with Music - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Second Hand Rose - Ted Lewis & His Band