Wednesday 9 November 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Silvio O Conte and Ivo Rudolph Jarosy.
Love Never Dies, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1921 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Ivo Rudolph Jarosy: Film Scholar / exhibitor.
- Silvio O Conte: (Rep-R-Massachusetts, 1959- ).
- Thomas Paine: American engineer, u.s.
- Pierrette Alarie: Canadian soprano and actress (d. 2011).
- Viktor Chukarin: USSR -- Gymnist (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Partito Nazionalista Fascista, forms in Italy by Mussolini
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lazy Mississippi Flows - Olive Kline & Elsie Baker
- Say it with Music - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Second Hand Rose - Ted Lewis & His Band