Friday 2 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isaac Asimov and Bob Feerick.
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1920 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Isaac Asimov: Russian-American biochemist, science columnist, anthropologist and prolific sci-fi writer.
- Bob Feerick
- Anna Langfus: Polish/French author of Jewish origin and survivor of Nazi persecution.
- Duke of Devonshire: English large landowner / art collector.
- Andr? Poitevin: Marseille EXecutives.
- Paul Adam: French author, novelist and traveler who was prosecuted for his first novel and acquitted.
- 10,000 US union and socialist organizers arrested (Palmer Raids).
- The second Palmer Raid takes place with another 6,000 suspected communists and anarchists arrested and held without trial. These raids take place in several U.S. cities.
- The forces of Russian White Admiral Alexander Kolchak surrender in Krasnoyarsk. The Great Siberian Ice March ensues.
- The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison