Wednesday 2 July 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Menem and Aarhus (Denmark).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1930 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Carlos Menem: Argentinian lawyer and politician 50th President of Argentina.
- Aarhus (Denmark)
- Claude-Michel Cluny
- Carlos Menem Akil: Argentine politician who was President of Argentina from 1989 to 1999.
- Ahmad Jamal: American pianist composer and educator.
- Anders Randolf: Actor (Love of Sunya, Dangerous Curves), dies at 59.