Sunday 2 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albina du Boisrouvray and Barbara Colby.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 July 1939 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Albina du Boisrouvray
- Barbara Colby: American actress; murdered during a robbery 7/24/1975 Palms, CA.
- Michael N Castle: (Rep-R-Delaware).
- Valeri Vasilyevich Illarianov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- John H Sununu: White House Chief of Staff under George HW Bush.
- Albina Du Boisrouvray: French journalist and film producer, cousin of Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- M Foster: American writer, musician, poet, bonsai grower and photographer.
- Ferdinand Mount: English journalist and author.
- Alexandros Panagoulis: Greek poet who fought the military junta in Greece (Born 1939).
- John Sununu: American engineer and politician 14th White House Chief of Staff.
- Paul Williams: American singer and choreographer (The Temptations) (d. 1973).
- M[ichael] A[nthony] Foster: United States -- Sci-fi author (Gameplayers of Zan).
- Alfred R Zimmerman: Mayor of Rotterdam (1906-22).
- The 1st World Science Fiction Convention opens in New York City.
- Theodore Roosevelt's head is dedicated at Mount Rushmore.
- Lou Gehrig gives his last public speech, following a diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). In it, he says, ampquotToday, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.ampquot
- The Neuengamme concentration camp becomes autonomous.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?