Wednesday July 02, 1941
US date format: 7/2/1941, UK date format: 2/7/1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 2, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jérôme Carrein and Stephane Venne.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 02, 1941?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Earthquake hits Palestine
- Nazi mass murder in Lvov / Lemberg (7,000 dead)
- WWII: Empire of Japan calls up 1 million men for military service.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial