Wednesday 2 July 1941US date format: 7/2/1941, UK date format: 2/7/1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 2, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sally Quinn and Twyla Tharp.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1941 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Twyla Tharp: Dancer.
- Sally Quinn: Journalist.
- Myron Scholes: Economist.
- Stephane Venne: French-Canadian songwriter.
- Jérôme Carrein: Second-to-last convicted criminal to be...
- Wendell Mottley: Trinidadian sprinter economist and...
- Earthquake hits Palestine
- Nazi mass murder in Lvov / Lemberg (7,000 dead)
- WWII: Empire of Japan calls up 1 million men for military service.