Wednesday 3 January 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Borrell and Federico García.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1912 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Federico Borrell: Spanish Republican and anarchist militiaman during the Spanish Civil War, commonly thought to be the subject in the famous 1936 Robert Capa photo The Falling Soldier.
- Federico García: Spanish soldier (d. 1936).
- Renaude Lapointe: French Canadian journalist and senator (Born 1912).
- Armand Lohikoski: American-Finnish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- Felix Dahn: German jurist, historian, poet, and novelist who made his greatest contribution as a scholar of German antiquity.
- South Pacific RR offers to bring Liberty Bell to Exposition, free
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker