Monday 8 January 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf G and Lawrence E Walsh.
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1912 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Rudolf G: Escher Dutch composer (True Face of Peace).
- Lawrence E Walsh: American jurist and 4th United States Deputy Attorney General.
- Jose Ferrer: PR actor / director (Cyrano de Bergerac), dies at 80.
- José Ferrer: Puerto Rican-American actor and director (d. 1992).
- Lawrence Walsh: Canadian-American lawyer judge and politician 4th United States Deputy Attorney General (d. 2014).
- The African National Congress is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?