Saturday 6 January 1912, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Ellul and Henri Alkema.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1912 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Jacques Ellul: French philosopher, law professor, sociologist, lay theologian, and Christian anarchist.
- Jacques Cesar: Ellul writer.
- Henri Alkema: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Raoul Robert: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Danny Thomas: American singer/comedian/actor (Jazz Singer), dies of a heart attack at age 76 (born 1914).
- New Mexico is the 47th state admitted to the USA.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker