Saturday 6 January 1912, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Cesar and Jacques Ellul.
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1912 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Jacques Cesar: Ellul writer.
- Jacques Ellul: French philosopher, law professor, sociologist, lay theologian, and Christian anarchist.
- Henri Alkema: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Raoul Robert: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Danny Thomas: American singer/comedian/actor (Jazz Singer), dies of a heart attack at age 76 (born 1914).
- New Mexico is the 47th state admitted to the USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?