Sunday 3 November 1940US date format: 11/3/1940, UK date format: 3/11/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Dieter Acker and Christian Du Maurier.
Bitter Sweet, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1940 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Sport Games on 3 November 1940
- Detroit Lions - Cleveland Rams : 0 - 24
- Green Bay Packers - Chicago Bears : 7 - 14
- New York Giants - Brooklyn Dodgers : 10 - 7
- Pittsburgh Pirates - Washington Redskins : 10 - 37