Saturday 30 November 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Arduini and Glenn English.
The Philadelphia Story, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1940 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Glenn English: (Rep-D-Oklahoma, 1975- ).
- Federico Arduini: Italian singer-songwriter, keyboardist, composer, record producer, known for his work on the moog for Italian television programs in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Pauli Nevala: Finnish javelin thrower.
- Kevin Phillips: American journalist and author.
- Peter Shreeves: Welsh footballer coach and manager.
- Dan Tieman: American basketball player and coach (d. 2012).
- 28th CFL Grey Cup (Game 1): Toronto Balmy Beach defeats Ottawa, 8-2
- 32 U-boats sunk this month (147,000 ton)
- Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz are married in Greenwich, Connecticut.