Saturday 2 November 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 2, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dalil Boubakeur and Francisco Ramalho Jr.
Bitter Sweet, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1940 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Dalil Boubakeur
- Francisco Ramalho Jr
- Jim Bakken: American pro-athlete, a football player and solid kicker for the St. Louis Cardinals (now thte St. Louis Rams) from 1962-1978.
- Gigi Proietti
- Phil Minton: English singer and trumpet player.
- James Bakken: Madison sports Champions.
- Francisco Ramalho: Brazilian film director of "Besame Mucho.
- Gigi Proletti: Italian entertainer.