Saturday 2 November 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dalil Boubakeur and Francisco Ramalho Jr.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 November 1940 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Dalil Boubakeur
- Francisco Ramalho Jr
- Jim Bakken: American pro-athlete, a football player and solid kicker for the St. Louis Cardinals (now thte St. Louis Rams) from 1962-1978.
- Gigi Proietti
- Phil Minton: English singer and trumpet player.
- Gigi Proletti: Italian entertainer.
- Francisco Ramalho: Brazilian film director of "Besame Mucho.
- James Bakken: Madison sports Champions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?