Thursday 28 November 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clem Curtis and Paul Schell.
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Ludwig Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 November 1940 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Clem Curtis: Rocker.
- Paul Schell: Hungarian nobility (Schell von Bauschlott), married to German singer Hildegard Knef as her third and last husband.
- Bruce Channel: American singer-songwriter.
- Nicolae Iorga: Author / President of Romania, murdered by fascist.
- Cleveringa arrested by Nazis
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?