Tuesday 26 November 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sibylle Lacan and Enrico Bombieri.
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1940 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Sibylle Lacan: French translator and author, and the second daughter of famous psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan and his first wife, Marie-Louise Blondin.
- Enrico Bombieri: Italian mathematician and academic.
- Kotozakura Masakatsu: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 53rd Yokozuna (Born 1940).
- Quentin Skinner: English historian author and academic.
- Leidse students strike
- Nazi Germany began walling off the Jewish Ghetto in Warsaw
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 November 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?