Sunday 24 November 1940US date format: 11/24/1940, UK date format: 24/11/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 24, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wendell Morris Logan and Don Metz.
Remedy for Riches, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Wendell Morris Logan: Composer.
- Don Metz: American architect.
- Paul Tagliabue: American lawyer and businessman.
- Eric Wilson: Canadian author and educator.
- World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
Sport Games on 24 November 1940
- Chicago Cardinals - Brooklyn Dodgers : 9 - 14
- Cleveland Rams - Chicago Bears : 25 - 47
- Green Bay Packers - Detroit Lions : 50 - 7
- Washington Redskins - New York Giants : 7 - 21